The Together Lake County (TLC) Fund
The Together Lake County (TLC) Fund supports community partners and residents from around the county under the umbrella of Live Well Lake County (LWLC). This community-led coalition of over 50 different organizations works to improve the health and well-being of Lake County community members.
Additionally, LWLC involves and centers the voices of community members throughout this process, especially those from communities hardest hit by health inequities. LWLC works together to better understand how factors like housing, education, and access to physical and mental healthcare affect opportunities for health in Lake County, and what we need to do to make health a reality for all.
To make a difference in these key areas, we need to work together to change the policies, systems, and environments that impact health. This work is hard and expensive, but by collaborating on plans, listening and learning from one another, and pooling our resources across organizations, we can make sure that LWLC’s efforts succeed.
We’ve never done something like this before in Lake County. This is the first-time funds will be pooled together and made available to LWLC partners to support innovative, community-led efforts that uplift opportunities for health for all. Please join us— together, we can build a healthier Lake County.
The Lake County Community Foundation started the Together Lake County Fund through a generous gift from the Grainger Foundation.
Sample Projects Funded
- Participation stipends for Lake County residents
- Sponsoring community events or projects related to the priorities of LWLC
- Funding professional development education for community and institutions as identified by LWLC
The TLC Fund shall be used for the benefit of organizations and individuals working to promote the health and well-being of those who live, learn, work and play in Lake County. This includes, but is not limited to, activities associated with Live Well Lake County and Lake County’s Community Health Improvement Plan.
- Distributions from the Fund shall be made to nonprofit organizations located in or serving residents of Lake County. Nonprofit organizations must be in good standing with the IRS at the time the grant is made.
- All funding requests are to be brought to the Action Team Advisory Group (comprised of each action team’s co-leaders).
- Approved requests will be processed monthly.
Action Team Participant Stipends
- Stipends are offered for community residents who are participating on one or more of the action teams through Live Well Lake County.
- A micro-grant of up to $1,500 will be made to the partner nonprofit identified for each of the action teams. Action team members are compensated at $20 per hour. Action team leaders are compensated at $25 per hour.
- Stipends may be used to support participation in meetings, LWLC related events and implementation of selected action team strategies.
2022 Action Team Partner Organizations
Physical & Mental Health
Donations may be made:
- By Credit Card.
To make a credit card contribution online click here, or use the "Donate Today" buttons.
- By Check.
If you wish to make a gift by check, please make your check payable to: "The Lake County Community Foundation" and reference “Together Lake County Fund” in the memo line.
Mail your check to
1200 University Center Drive, Suite 333
Grayslake, IL 60030
- By Other.
Please contact Wendy Richter, Director of Donor Services & Operations, at [email protected] to request the Foundation’s gift instructions should you wish to make a wire transfer or gift of stock.
Questions? Please contact Maggie Morales, Executive Director, at [email protected].